Public Liability Compensation Claims In Queensland
Has somebody’s carelessness or disregard caused you to sustain an injury?
If you’ve been hurt in a public place, you might be entitled to make a public liability claim and pursue compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers have the experience and expertise to assess your case and advise you on its validity, whether you’ve:
- Fallen in a shopping centre
- Experienced food poisoning in a restaurant
- Been attacked by an animal in a park such as a dog bite
- Tripped in a schoolyard
- Sustained an injury in any other public setting or private premises
Can I Get Public Liability Injury Compensation
Frequently Asked Questions About Public Liability Injury Compensation Claims
Am I Eligible To Make A Public Liability Claim?
This will depend on the specific circumstances that caused or led to your injury.
If there is sufficient evidence (e.g. photos and witness statements) that you were harmed due to another party breaching their duty of care, you will generally be eligible to make a claim.
Your eligibility can also be influenced by the severity of your physical and/or psychological damage.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Public Liability Claim?
There are strict time limits that apply to public liability claims. It’s best to seek advice sooner rather than later – ideally less than 12 months after the incident.
Once you’ve got our team on your side, we’ll handle everything to ensure no claim deadlines are missed. We generally recommend initiating legal action as soon as possible after you have been injured.
Does no win no fee mean if you don’t win my Liability case, I don’t pay for the legal fees?
Your financial situation should never prevent you from seeking compensation for an injury, especially since that injury is likely costing you in medical bills and time off from work.
This is why The Personal Injury Lawyers work on a no win no fee basis.
We believe anyone making a public liability claim deserves adequate representation from a passionate lawyer with a strong track record of successful settlements.
We will only ask you to pay our legal fees after we have successfully settled your case.
We have offices centrally based in Brisbane and the Gold Coast which service all of Queensland, but most of the time you'll never need to visit us as most claims are managed online with you.
How Do I Make A Public Liability Claim?
Our team will work with you to collect evidence and build your case.
With The Personal Injury Lawyers on your case, you can leave the technicalities and legal processes to us.
This means you can focus your time and energy on recovering from your injury while we pursue your claim.
How Much Compensation Did Other People Get Awarded For Their Injuries?
To help you understand more how much other people (who may have similar injuries to you) were awarded for their compensation claims, we pulled together some real life compensation claim example case studies.
Referrals and Real 5 ★★★★★ Client Google Reviews
How much compensation Will I get for my Personal injury Compensation Claim?
In three simple steps, get a basic indication of how much compensation you may be due for a boating injury. Try our compensation calculator now and see how much you may be able to claim.
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Public Liability Claim In Brisbane?
We operate with a no win no fee guarantee. This means there are no upfront costs for your public liability claim.
When your case is settled, we will calculate your legal fees.
These are determined fairly and transparently and you are covered by Queensland law under the 50/50 rule.
Who Pays My Public Liability Compensation?
In most cases, the at-fault party’s insurance provider will pay your compensation. This is why councils and companies are legally required to have public liability insurance.
What Will My Public Liability Compensation Cover?
Your case’s specific circumstances will determine what compensation you receive.
Generally, your compensation will be calculated to match the difference between your life path before and after the incident occurred. Specific items that can be covered by compensation include:
- Medical expenses (ones you’ve already paid, plus ones you expect to pay in the future)
- Loss of income/earnings
- Reduction of life quality/enjoyment
- Help/care provided by friends and family members
Why You Should Trust The Personal Injury Lawyers With Your Public Liability Claim?
At The Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how painful and frustrating an injury can be.
We endeavour to ensure the claim process isn’t as painful and frustrating. We’re truly passionate about seeking justice and fair compensation for clients who have been harmed by another’s negligence.
Operating for many years in this field has given us the expertise and track record to provide you the best legal representation available in Brisbane for your public liability claim.
Strict Time Limits Apply To Claims In Queensland
There is only a small window in which you can make an ankle compensation claim in Queensland, so waiting too long can mean you will not be able to get compensation at all.
Sadly many come to us and leave it too late, losing out on help for rehabilitation, medication, to compensate for time off work and care, so please don't wait.
Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing, just chat, call, email, or let us assess your claim, just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come co an end and what happens then?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?