What legal costs will I be charged for my Personal Injury claim?
The Personal Injury Lawyers are a no win no fee injury compensation firm.
This means that you don't pay us anything at all, unless and until we win your case for you and you receive compensation or damages for your accident injuries.
What Does My Lawyer Receive After I Win A No Win No Fee Injury Claim?
We only receive payment at the end of your case, when your compensation is paid. It is then that we prepare your final and only account, setting out our professional legal costs and the outlays incurred in your claim.
Once our legal fees are deducted from the compensation paid into our Trust Account, the remaining funds are transferred to your nominated bank account which usually clear within 24 to 48 hours.
How does The Personal Injury Lawyers charge me at the end of my claim?
A lot of times when we have people enquiring about making a claim, they ask what percentage of their compensation or damages payment will we take for our legal fees. In Queensland, we are not permitted to charge you a percentage of your compensation payment for our legal costs.
We can only charge you for the work we do on your case, and for the reasonable outlays incurred in running your claim.
As A Client, You Will Receive A Fully Transparent Fee Agreement
We charge by way of an hourly rate. However, we don't believe that it is fair to charge at the same rate for all work undertaken on your claim.
What we do is separate the work into legal and non-legal work.
What Is Legal & Non-Legal Work?
Legal work is work requiring the knowledge and experience of our personal injury lawyers, whereas non-legal work involves the administrative duties attached to a claim, such as photocopying, typing etc.
Our solicitors undertake all legal work involved in your case and are charged at the standard rate, however, those undertaking non-legal work are charged at a much lesser rate.
For details of the various charge out rates, live chat with us, call or email and we'll be more then happy to explain any aspects of costs or fees with you.
Will you take all my compensation for legal costs, or will I owe you something?
The answer is quite simply, no - absolutely not.
The no win no fee injury claim industry is highly regulated so as to ensure that this legally cannot occur.
Under those regulations, you should always receive a majority of your damages, and if we need to do so, we have to reduce our fees to comply with those regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions. Remember if you have a question it's free and you under no obligation to chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email. Better to answer that question and know than it go unanswered. Contact us today.
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case