The Personal Injury Lawyers
No Win, No Fee, Guaranteed

If I Wasn't Driving, Who Will Pay For My Accident Compensation?

If your friend or family drives your car and get in an accident, you can still make a compensation claim without affecting them. Find out how or talk to us for free.


If my friend was driving the vehicle, will they have to pay for my accident compensation if I bring a claim?

It is important to remember that, in respect of all car accident claims, it is the Compulsory Third Party Insurance company or the Nominal Defendant that will be compensating you for your personal injuries, loss and damage arising from the car accident.

Not your friend or family member who may have been driving the vehicle.


There are special circumstances where an at-fault driver May Be Liable.

The Nominal Defendant or Insurer may recover the damages paid to a claimant from an at-fault driver, especially where they were unable to effectively control the vehicle due to alcohol and/or drug consumption resulting in the accident.

Or they were driving the vehicle without the authority of the owner or it was their intention to cause injury to the claimant.


Get our accredited Lawyers to assess your claim for free. Get in touch today

If you have been injured as a result of any vehicle such as carbike or boat accident, or whilst at work, on holiday, or in many other situations you believe was caused by someone else's wrongful act or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.

Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing. 

Chat, call, email, or let us assess your claim, just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation.