How much Compensation you receive for a Personal Injury strongly depends upon Several factors...
Compensation received is relative to the impact an injury has on you. Your own personal circumstances such as your age, your injuries, and your employment and your lawyer's knowledge and experience, and many more aspects (see further below).
Working Out How Much Compensation You May Receive
What Factors Influence Compensation Payments?
Each claim payout looks at many factors such as:
- The extent of injury sustained
- The age of the person
- Their occupation
- The health of the injured person at the time of the injury
- The person's pre-injury lifestyle
- The unique instances in your particular accident/injury
What Personal Injury Compensation Payments Are Being Made In Queensland?
To give you an idea of what injury compensation payments are being made in Queensland, we can provide you with;
- statistical data gathered by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission*
- We also have data from the Workers' Compensation Regulator (formerly QComp*)
- You can also see real case studies of what other people actually were awarded for their Compensation Claims to help give you a better idea
- Talk to us, chat or email and we'll be glad to share what we can if it helps you
- Or work out your own compensation in our compensation calculator
*(The Motor Accident Insurance Commission and the Workers' Compensation Regulator are the regulatory bodies overseeing motor accident and work injury claims in Queensland in recent years.)
What Are The Average Compensation Payments For Motor Accident Claims in QLD?
The 'average' refers to the mean average, which is worked out by adding all of the payment amounts together, then dividing the amount by the number of settlements.
Each claim, like all of us, is unique. As an example, let's look at the 7,623 motor accident claims in Queensland that were finalised in the 2017 financial year:
- The average compensation payment for minor injuries was $65,957
- The average compensation payment for moderate injuries was $151,771
- The average compensation payment for serious injuries was $352,396
- The average compensation payment for severe injuries was $747,188
- The average compensation payment for critical injuries was $1,952,602
- In relation to the duration of claims, in the 2015 financial year, the average claim duration was around 18 months.
Does My Age Play A Part In How Much Compensation I May Receive?
In most cases, yes, a younger person is likely to receive greater compensation than an older person for the same injury.
This is because the younger person has longer to endure the injury and it will impact upon their lifestyle and employment for a longer period of time.
Talk to us about the details of your accident and your injury, and we'll be happy to be more specific. It's totally free and no obligation to just ask us about your claim.
Is Every Claim Unique?
Yes indeed, every claim is different, because injuries affect everyone in different ways.
A professional pianist, for instance, is likely to suffer a greater loss of income from losing his little finger than say, an accountant, because a professional pianist likely cannot continue in his or her occupation without their little finger.
The professional pianist would therefore likely receive greater compensation.
Does It Matter What Lawyer I Use?
Wouldn't you want the best surgeon if you were unwell? Your Lawyer is just as important. Getting the most experienced and specialised Lawyer can help you get the right amount of compensation you will need.
They will do the paperwork that you will likely be daunted by, take all the right steps to maximise your claim, and work hard to get you what you need for your injuries and any future care.
Take a look at our reviews, we've been in the business a long time, and not all Lawyers are the same. Choose wisely.
Do I even have a claim, how can I check quickly?
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of the organisations and groups above. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with. Find out more about us, as well as our reputation in the community and why this is critical, along with choosing the right Lawyer when it comes to getting the most for your compensation claim.
How Much Compensation Will I Get
Find Out In 30 Seconds Or Less If You Have A Compensation Claim
Use our Compensation Claim Checker™ and see if you have a compensation claim in 30 seconds or less.
Real 5 Star Client Google reviews
More Resources To Help Assess How Much Compensation You May Get
How much compensation Will I get for my Personal injury Claim?
✔ Our Compensation Calculator gives a basic indication how much compensation you may be due
✔ Three simple steps to get a fast overview of all the areas that you may claim for
✔ Underneath our calculator, see what others claimed in our compensation case studies
How Much Compensation Did Other People Get Awarded For Their Injuries?
✔ Help understand how much other people were awarded for their compensation claim
✔ See similar injuries to your own to compare and contrast
✔ Real life helpful Compensation Claim example case studies.
No Win No Fee Will Pay For All Outlays And Associated Expenses In Your Claim
✔ Our guarantee quickly pays for all outlays and associated claim expenses
✔ You get access to the help you need fast, and gets your rehabilitation underway
- Car Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Compensation Claims
- Whiplash - What Treatment Is Best?
- What Is A No Win No Fee Guarantee?
- How Much Did Other People Get For Injuries?
- How Is Past & Future Economic Loss Compensation Calculated?
- If I Go Back To Work After My Injury Will This Hurt My Claim?
- When Does My Workers' Compensation Claim Come To An End And What Happens Then?
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case