compensation Received Is Relative to The Impact An Injury Has On You
Working out how much money you will receive for a Personal Injury strongly depends upon your personal circumstances, such as your age, your injuries, and your employment, and also very much on your lawyer's knowledge and experience.
In general, compensation is paid relative to the impact an injury (or injuries) have on the injured person, and so we have broken this down for you further below.
No Win No Fee Will Pay For All Outlays And Associated Expenses
You have nothing to lose with our no win no fee guarantee. If you don't achieve any compensation payment for your claim, then you will not be liable to pay our professional fees or any disbursements we have incurred in pursuing your claim on your behalf.
How Much Compensation Can I Claim
How The Compensation You May Receive Is Broken Down
How Are Compensation payments influenced?
Each claim payout looks at things such as:
- The extent of injury sustained
- The age of the person
- Their occupation
- The health of the injured person at the time of the injury
- The person's pre-injury lifestyle
Some useful information on Personal Injury compensation payments being made in Queensland
To give you an idea of what injury compensation payments are being made in Queensland, we can provide you with statistical data gathered by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission.
We also have data from the Workers' Compensation Regulator (formerly QComp).
The Motor Accident Insurance Commission and the Workers' Compensation Regulator are the regulatory bodies overseeing motor accident and work injury claims in Queensland in recent years.
You can also see real case studies of what other people actually were awarded for their Compensation Claims to help give you a better idea, or work out your own in our compensation calculator.
Average Motor Accident Compensation Claim Payments
The 'average' refers to the mean average, which is worked out by adding all of the payment amounts together, then dividing the amount by the number of settlements.
Each claim, like all of us, are unique. As an example, let's look at the 7,623 motor accident claims in Queensland that were finalised in the 2017 financial year:
- The average compensation payment for minor injuries was $65,957
- The average compensation payment for moderate injuries was $151,771
- The average compensation payment for serious injuries was $352,396
- The average compensation payment for severe injuries was $747,188
- The average compensation payment for critical injuries was $1,952,602
In relation to the duration of claims, in the 2015 financial year, the average claim duration was around 18 months.
How much compensation will I get for my Specific injury?
In three simple steps, get a basic indication of how much compensation you may be due for your specific injury. Try our Compensation Calculator now and see how much your claim may be worth.
How Much Compensation Did Other People Get Awarded For Their Injuries?
To help you understand how much other people were awarded for their compensation claim (who may have similar injuries to you), we pulled together some real life helpful Compensation Claim example case studies.
Your age plays a big part in how much compensation you may receive
In most cases, a younger person is likely to receive greater compensation than an older person for the same injury.
This is because the younger person has longer to endure the injury and it will impact upon their lifestyle and employment for a longer period of time.
Talk to us about the details of your accident and your injury, and we'll be happy to be more specific. It's totally free and no obligation to just ask us about your claim.
Every claim is different
Every claim is different, because injuries affect everyone in different ways.
A professional pianist, for instance, is likely to suffer a greater loss of income from losing his little finger than say, an accountant, because a professional pianist likely cannot continue in his or her occupation without their little finger. The professional pianist would therefore likely receive greater compensation.
Read some of our real case studies for examples of how much compensation clients were awarded.
Read Real 5 ★★★★★ Client Google Reviews
Read over 30 ★★★★★ real reviews from our clients across our Brisbane & Gold Coast Offices. Unlike some firms, we don't get our staff, or pay people to leave fake reviews. We believe our reviews, like us, are worth trusting.
We Get You The Best Specialists & the Most Compensation
As accredited experts in injury, we know injuries. We'll get you excellent rehabilitation quickly and get you the maximum compensation for recovery in the future.
Strict Time Limits Apply To Claims In Queensland
There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland, so waiting too long can mean you will not be able to get compensation at all.
Sadly many come to us too late, losing out on help for rehabilitation, medication, to compensate for time off work and care - so please don't wait.
If you have been injured as a result of any vehicle such as car, bike or boat accident, whilst at work, on holiday, or in many other situations you believe was caused by someone else's wrongful act or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing. Just chat, call, email, or to let us assess your claim, just press the button below. There is no cost, and no obligation to review your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?