Has a dog bite left you injured or badly affected your quality of life in QLD? If the owner’s actions or negligence allowed the attack to occur, you could be entitled to seek compensation. We have many years of practising law and winning personal injury cases including some vicious dog bite attacks.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dog Bite Injury Compensation Claims
Am I Eligible To Claim Compensation For My Dog Bite Injury?
Eligibility varies from situation to situation.
As this is a complicated area of law, it’s best to speak with a personal injury lawyer to discuss how valid or strong your case could be.
With that said, there are some factors that can potentially make you ineligible to claim compensation for a dog bite injury.
For example, your case may be dismissed if:
- You assaulted or harassed the dog prior to the attack
- You were trespassing on the owner’s property
- You were attacking the dog’s owner or another person the dog is familiar with
How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim For My Dog Bite Injury?
All personal injury claims need to be made within strict time limits.
For cases that fall under public liability law, you usually have three years after the attack to make your claim.
However, this time frame can be much smaller in some situations.
If you wish to seek compensation after a dog has attacked you, we recommend discussing it with a Lawyer as swiftly as possible.
How Do I Make A Dog Bite Compensation Claim?
With the support of your legal team, you will need to prove the dog’s owner had a duty of care for you and that they breached that duty of care.
For example, they might have let their dog off its leash at the park or left the gate open in their backyard.
You also need to provide evidence that the owner’s negligence led to you sustaining an injury or damage (e.g. due to the dog’s bite/attack).
The compensation process is complex, so we recommend seeking expert legal counsel unless you personally have extensive experience in this field of law.
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Dog Bite Compensation Claim In Queensland?
The Personal Injury Lawyers work on a no win no fee basis, which means the case won’t cost you anything upfront.
At the end of a successful claim, your legal costs will be calculated based on how complicated and long the case was, among other factors.
Our firm is always honest and transparent about how we work out our fees.
Who Pays My Dog Bite Compensation?
If the dog’s owner is found to be liable for the attack, they will be responsible for paying you compensation.
What Will My Dog Bite Claim Cover?
This depends largely on the case’s unique circumstances.
Your dog bite compensation could cover a number of costs associated with your injuries, such as:
Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- At-home care
What you can claim is determined based on the facts of your case. Talk to a personal injury expert to discuss the possibilities and options.
Why Should I Trust The Personal Injury Lawyers With My Dog Bite Compensation Claim
We understand how terrifying a dog attack can be, and we know the resulting injuries (both physical and psychological) can be debilitating.
Here at The Personal Injury Lawyers, it is our job to help people who have been unfairly hurt by the negligence of others.
This is why we fight so hard for our clients, case after case. See some of our reviews to see what past clients have said.
With more than 30 years of experience, our personal injury specialists have the niche knowledge and dedication to take your case through to a positive outcome.
With offices in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, servicing all of Queensland, we are well placed to seek justice for individuals throughout the state.
Can I Get A Lawyer To Assess My Claim? Will It Cost?
If you have been injured as a result of any vehicle such as car, bike or boat accident, or whilst at work, on holiday, or in many other situations you believe was caused by someone else's wrongful act or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing.
We can assess your claim at no cost and with no obligation.
How much compensation will I get for Dog Bite Injury?
✔ Our Compensation Calculator gives a basic indication how much compensation you may be due
✔ Three simple steps to get a fast overview of all the areas that you may claim for
✔ Underneath our calculator, see what others claimed in our compensation case studies
How Much Did Other People Get Awarded For Their Injuries?
✔ See real cases we've won for our clients and what was awarded
✔ Check out the helpful compensation claim example case studies by category
✔ Helps you understand what similar injuries to yours were awarded
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions. Remember if you have a question it's free and you under no obligation to chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email. Better to answer that question and know than it go unanswered. Contact us today.
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case