Cycling Accident Compensation Lawyers In Brisbane & Gold Coast
If as a cyclist who has suffered an injury in an accident involving another vehicle in QLD, then you may be entitled to compensation. The Personal Injury Lawyers have years of experience with other cyclists and clients and have helped many Queenslanders fight for the compensation they deserve.
No win no fee cycling accident compensation lawyers
Being involved in a cycling accident is traumatic enough without having to worry about the cost of upfront lawyer fees. The no win no fee guarantee means if you don’t win your cycling compensation case, you don’t pay the legal fees accrued.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cycling & Bicycle Injury Compensation Claims
Am I Eligible For A Cycling Accident Claim?
This depends on the circumstances of your cycling accident.
Usually in Queensland, you are entitled to make a claim unless you are entirely at fault for an incident.
If another party is at fault or partly responsible for the accident, you will be eligible to make a claim for at least part of the costs related to your cycling injuries.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim For My Cycling Accident?
Don’t leave it too late after your cycling incident before you seek legal advice.
Due to the strict time limits that apply to making a claim, we recommend getting in touch with a personal injury specialist as soon as possible.
What Can I Claim Cycling Accident Compensation For In QLD?
Cycling accidents can happen anywhere at any time and sadly cycling injuries are on the rise by about 8% per annum, with many being injured and killed daily.
Causes of cycling accidents that can be covered in Queensland include:
- Being “car-doored” (when a car door is opened without enough notice for a rider to avoid)
- Other road users failing to give way to the rider
- Collisions with another vehicle, a pedestrian, or property
You can confirm whether or not your accident can be covered by speaking to a personal injury lawyer.
Chat free online directly with a Lawyer, call us for free, email or we'll call you back to help you understand more.
How Can I Make A Claim For My Cycling Accident?
To make a claim for injuries sustained in a cycling accident, you will need to prove the incident was caused by or contributed to by another party.
This could be with an eye witness or CCTV footage.
Once you have done this, you will be able to make a claim against the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the other person that was involved in the accident.
Queensland law also requires any accidents that result in injury to be reported to the police, so be sure to do this before making a claim.
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Claim For Cycling Accident Compensation In QLD?
The costs of your claim will depend on the circumstances of your case.
Costs might include lodging forms or getting medical records. If you win your case and receive compensation, you are required to pay your legal professional for their services.
In Queensland, legislation is in place to make sure all of your damages don’t end up in your lawyer’s pocket.
How much Will I get for my Cycling Compensation Claim?
In three simple steps, get a basic indication of how much compensation you may be due for an injury. Try our compensation calculator now and see how much you may be able to claim.
Will I Need To Go To Court For My Cycling Accident Claim?
While most personal injury claims are settled outside of court, you may need to attend court as part of your claim process if:
- The CTP insurance provider is fighting liability of the driver of the vehicle they insure.
- You weren’t able to identify the other vehicle involved in the accident, so the claim must be made against the Nominal Defendant.
How Long Does It Take To Get Cycling Accident Compensation In QLD?
These types of claims can take several months due to the number of different parties involved.
In a case where a serious injury has been caused by a cycling accident where liability is difficult to establish, it can take longer than cases involving less serious injuries.
To get an estimate on the length of your case, get in touch with us.
Who Will Pay My Compensation?
Generally the CTP insurer of the party or parties at fault will pay out the compensation.
Where Can I Get In Contact With A Cycling Accident Compensation Lawyer In QLD?
The Personal Injury Lawyers specialise in personal injury law and have vast experience with cases involving cycling accidents.
With offices in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Queensland, we are ready to help you out wherever you’re based. Chat, call, email and we'll be glad to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions. Remember if you have a question it's free and you under no obligation to chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email. Better to answer that question and know than it go unanswered. Contact us today.
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case