If you’ve been seriously injured, claiming compensation can help you regain control of your life. We have dealt with cases involving all types of serious injuries for many years, so you can depend on us to provide you with expert legal advice.
No Win No Fee Guarantee
You have nothing to lose with our no win no fee guarantee as we pay for all outlays and associated claim expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Serious Injury Compensation Claims
Is My Injury Considered Serious?
Serious injury claims are classified as such due to the significant impact they can have on people’s lives. This type of injury can refer to any number of severe conditions, including:
Am I Eligible For A Serious Injury Compensation Claim?
If you can prove that you weren’t at fault for the injury, or only partially at fault, you may be entitled to compensation.
Whether you have been hurt in an accident or as a result of negligence, The Personal Injury Lawyers can confirm your eligibility by reviewing the circumstances of your case.
What Are The Types Of Compensation Available For My Serious Injury?
Serious injuries can involve extensive recovery periods, costly medical bills and a range of other out-of-pocket expenses.
You may qualify for several types of serious injury compensation, including:
- Medical costs
- Ongoing rehabilitation costs
- Loss of past and future wages
- Loss of superannuation
- Pain and suffering
Yes. You may only have a small window of opportunity to begin legal proceedings.
To ensure you never miss a deadline, find out more about personal injury claim time limits.
How Do I Make A Compensation Claim For My Serious Injury?
There are several steps involved with making a serious injury compensation claim, and after being assessed by a medical professional, be sure to
- Report your injuries
- Get an official record of the incident which will benefit your case
- Whether you notify the police, your insurer, your employer or another party, get a record of the incident
- You should also seek legal advice at the first opportunity
Depending on the nature of your injury and the type of compensation you’re entitled to, you may have to follow specific legal procedures when lodging your claim.
The Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you through this process.
Is There A Time Limit For Lodging My Serious Injury Compensation Claim?
Yes. In Brisbane, The Gold Coast and all across Queensland, there are time limits that apply to making a claim for personal injuries, and these time limits are very strict and are set by Statutory law.
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Serious Injury Compensation Claim In QLD?
If you’re looking for cost-effective legal representation, The Personal Injury Lawyers specialise in providing affordable services.
To ensure you’re charged a fair amount of legal fees, we calculate costs on a case-by-case basis.
Our 'No Win No Fee Guarantee' also means you won’t have to pay anything upfront. You’ll only be billed at the end of your claim, and only if you receive compensation.
In Queensland, this type of arrangement is highly regulated – there are laws in place to ensure the cost of making a claim never exceeds the amount of damages you’re awarded.
Do I Need To Seek Legal Advice To Make A Serious Injury Compensation Claim?
You don’t have to seek legal advice, but it’s highly recommended and the benefits of allowing a lawyer to manage your case include:
- Access to expertise – The Personal Injury Lawyers specialise in serious injury compensation claims. We will use our expert knowledge to achieve the best possible outcome for your claim.
- Support – Making a compensation claim can be a demanding process, especially if you’re already trying to recover from a serious injury. Your lawyer can provide you with support throughout the legal proceedings.
- Minimised risk – Rather than risk wasting your time and money, seeking legal advice will give your claim a much better chance of achieving compensation.
How much Will I get for my Serious injury Compensation Claim?
✔ Our Compensation Calculator gives a basic indication how much compensation you may be due
More Frequently Asked Questions About Serious Injury Compensation Claims
Will I Need To Go To Court For My Serious Injury Compensation Claim?
You may need to go to court when making a serious injury claim, but this usually only happens if the outcome of your case relies on your attendance.
The Personal Injury Lawyers can represent you in court, making the process much less daunting.
Who Will Pay My Serious Injury Compensation?
The party found to be at fault for your injuries can use their insurance to pay for your compensation.
If they don’t have insurance, you may have to take legal action against them directly.
We can help you make an informed decision when deciding which party to taking legal action against.
How Can I Prove That My Serious Injury Was Caused Or Contributed To By Another Person?
To prove that you weren’t at fault for your injuries, your claim will need to be backed up by evidence.
Common forms of evidence include eyewitness accounts, medical records and police reports.
How Long Will A Serious Injury Claim Take To Settle?
Serious injury claims can involve complex legal and medical issues, and it may take several months to reach a settlement.
However, The Personal Injury Lawyers will do everything we can to secure your compensation quickly so that you can get on with your life.
How Much Will I Get For My Serious Injury Compensation?
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the nature of your injuries and the overall impact they’ve had on your life.
Will The Legal Cost Come Out Of My Compensation?
Yes, but you will always receive the majority of damages.
This is in accordance with Queensland legislation relating to No Win No Fee lawyers.
What Happens If I Lose My Claim?
You won’t be charged any legal fees if you lose your claim.
You may be required to pay for some of the other party’s legal fees, but this risk can be discussed before you make a claim.
Where Can I Get In Touch With A Serious Injury Compensation Lawyer In QLD?
If you have suffered a serious injury you may be entitled to compensation and you can talk with us online, by telephone or face to face.
We'll help clarify your options and give you the tools to decide what to do next. There is no cost for us to review your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions. Remember if you have a question it's free and you under no obligation to chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email. Better to answer that question and know than it go unanswered. Contact us today.
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case