Brain Injury & Head Injury compensation claim Lawyers Servicing Brisbane, The Gold Coast & All of QLD
The consequences of a brain injury are incredibly devastating. Not only for a person who suffers the injury, but their family and its long term effects it can have on you, and all those around you. If you've sustained a brain injury or head injury as a result of someone else’s actions or negligence, then let us help you as we have helped many others.
One of our clients we helped; Austin v Parmalat Australia Ltd, the workers' compensation insurer disputed the extent of Mr Austin's brain injury. With The Personal Injury Lawyers representing Mr Austin, the Supreme Court accepted our clients brain injury, and he was awarded $1,052,000 in damages.
Coming to terms with a brain injury is never easy, and in addition to dealing with physical and psychological effects, your financial circumstances may be drastically altered. We offer our no win no fee guarantee which has helped many get results. Get some of your questions answered below or you're welcome to call, chat or email us at any time.
Can I Get Brain Injury Compensation
Frequently Asked Questions About Brain Injury & Head Injury Compensation Claims
What Is No Win No Fee With regards To My Brain Injury Compensation Claim?
We know the cost of hiring a lawyer prevents many people from claiming the compensation to which they may be entitled.
This is why The Personal Injury Lawyers offer a No Win No Fee guarantee.
If your brain injury compensation claim is unsuccessful, you won’t have to pay us any legal fees.
We cover every claim expense related to your case, minimising the risks involved and make it as as easy as we can for you.
Am I Eligible For A Brain Injury Compensation Claim?
Your entitlement to make a claim for brain injury compensation will be directly influenced by the circumstances that led to your brain injury.
If you didn’t contribute to the brain injury in any way, you’re more likely to qualify for compensation.
Whether you were hurt in a work-related accident, in public, on private property or in a car accident, or some other motor vehicle accident, then The Personal Injury Lawyers can help establish your eligibility to receive damages for a brain injury.
What Are The Types Of Compensation Available For My Brain Injury?
Brain injuries can impact nearly every aspect of your life.
Given the devastating effects associated with this type of injury, you may meet the requirements to claim a range of compensation types, including:
- Lost income, including past and future wages
- Lost superannuation on lost earnings
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
Is There A Time Limit To Lodging My Brain Injury Compensation Claim?
Yes. The majority of personal injury compensations claims are restricted by time limits.
Deadlines can vary depending on the circumstances of your case, so it’s important to start your claim as soon as possible.
How Do I Make A Compensation Claim For My Brain Injury?
The legal process associated with brain injury compensation claims can be very complicated.
If you plan to take legal action, documenting the extent of your brain injury and it's impact on your life is an important first step.
To ensure you comply with all the legal requirements, always speak with a lawyer before lodging your claim for brain injury compensation.
After assessing your situation, The Personal Injury Lawyers can tell you which steps to take next.
How much compensation will I get for my Brain injury?
In three simple steps, get a basic indication of how much compensation you may be due for an injury. Try our Compensation Calculator now and work out how much you may be able to claim.
Read Real 5 ★★★★★ Client Google Reviews
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Claim For Brain Injury Compensation In QLD?
Every brain injury compensation claim is different.
Your legal costs will depend on the amount of work your case requires, but you’ll only have to pay these fees if you’re awarded compensation.
We manage all brain injury compensation claims on a No Win No Fee basis, so if your claim is unsuccessful, we won’t charge you anything.
If you’re concerned that most of your damages will go towards legal fees, there are laws in place to prevent this from happening.
In Queensland, legislation states that clients must be awarded the majority of compensation awarded to their claim.
Will I Need To Go To Court For My Brain Injury Compensation?
If you can’t reach a settlement with the other party, you may be required to make an appearance in court for your brain injury compensation claim.
In some cases, your legal representative can attend court on your behalf.
Where your attendance is required, engaging with a specialist personal injury lawyer can help make the court process less confusing.
Who Will Pay For My Brain Injury Compensation?
In most personal injury claims, the insurer of the negligent party will pay for your compensation.
If the negligent party isn't covered by insurance, any damages might have to come out of their own pocket.
However, it’s more common for insurance companies to pay.
Do I Need To Seek Legal Advice To Make A Brain Injury Compensation Claim?
Seeking the advice of a lawyer can help protect your case’s legal merit.
These are just some of the benefits of allowing a legal professional to manage your brain injury compensation claim:
- Experienced representation – Working with a qualified lawyer will ensure your claim is taken seriously.
- Lower costs – You might think representing yourself will save money, but inexperience with the law can lead to costly mistakes.
- Expert opinion – Australian and Queensland law can be complicated. Hiring a lawyer who works with legislation relevant to your case is the easiest way to achieve an optimal outcome.
How can I prove that my brain injury was caused or contributed to by another party?
In order to receive compensation, you’ll need to verify your claim with proof.
From photos to written reports, you can provide a range of materials in support of your case.
Medical records can be especially valuable in brain injury compensation claims.
How Long Will A Brain Injury Claim Take To Settle?
The duration of your case will depend on how complicated it is and whether the other party is willing to settle prior to going to court.
To help you get back on your feet, we’ll make every effort to reach a resolution within a short timeframe, without sacrificing the amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
What Happens If I Lose My Claim?
Whilst we won’t charge you any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful, you may be required to pay for the other party’s legal costs. In short however, such consequences are extremely rare.
Before taking on your claim, we can provide you with more information about the above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
✔ There is only a small window in which you can make compensation claims in Queensland
✔ Even if you think your actions may have contributed to your injury, you may still have a claim well-worth pursuing
✔ Just press the button below, there is no cost, and no obligation to review your case