About The Personal Injury Lawyers
The Personal Injury Lawyers is a no win no fee law firm, which means we don't get paid unless you get compensation.
If you have had an injury, we can assist you in determining if you are likely entitled to compensation.
Queensland advertising law restricts us from providing all details of our business, so if you'd like to find out some background information about us, our history and more, get in touch or click one of the links directly below for some more information:
We are a specialist no win no fee, personal Injury litigation law firm, and we represent injured people in gaining compensation.
With many years of experience behind us, our firm has team members who are accredited specialists in personal injury compensation.
No matter where you are located in Queensland, we can service your claim.
A personal injury is a deeply serious matter, so we don’t take shortcuts. We keep you informed along the way, and we don’t settle your claim for less than what it’s worth.
Get in touch with us for help to assess your claim if you have suffered a personal injury.
Formed many years ago as McCowans Solicitors, we quickly became one of Queensland’s leading legal practices.
Today, The Personal Injury Lawyers has offices in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, both which service all of Queensland. With many successful claims behind us over the years, let us help you claim for your personal injury.
Our Accreditions, Memberships & Awards
Member of Law Australasia and we hold the following awards with them:
Outstanding Achievement in Practice Award 2006;
Pursuit of Excellence 2010
Outstanding Achievement 2011
Pursuit of Excellence – Process and Procedures 2016
Pursuit of Excellence – Process and Procedures 2017
Pursuit Of Excellence - Productivity 2017
Pursuit Of Excellence - Financial Management 2017
We’ve been able to streamline our processes over many years so that we can give you the easiest and most efficient experience possible, which helps us focus on making sure your claim is successful. Some key principles that guide our work are:
We don’t over-complicate any of our services, processes, fees, or work that we do with you.
All our work can be done remotely, using telephone, email, mail, chat, or video call.
Most work is done online, so you don’t need to come to any of our offices, although you are of course welcome to.
We always put clients first in everything that we do (see some of our client reviews).
We also offer free personal injury legal advice via live chat, email and phone. Our team specialise in personal injury law, which can span across a range of specific incidents and accidents. These include:
Medical negligence and professional malpractice
For more information on any of these areas, please visit our services page.
With years of experience and successful claims, we can represent you on a no win no fee basis. This helps us focus fully on you, and work diligently to ensure the best possible outcome for you.
If a case ever was unsuccessful, then our services would be entirely free, so you would not have to pay legal fees or reimburse us for our expenses, ever.
No matter how big your claim, our professional fees (including GST) will never exceed the amount you receive.
So whether you’re dealing with injuries caused by a car accident or a fall at work, our team has the expertise to handle your case professionally, compassionately and quickly. Chat, call or email us today.
A fine collection of people, most of whom have been with us for many years so the expertise is all here in house. Get to know them a little more...
We service all of Queensland with offices on the Gold Coast & in Brisbane in Australia.
This means we're centrally located for you, and even though we do most of the work with you online, should you want to come and visit us, see our premises, or have a query, you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?