Damages or Common Law Damages means the money you receive to compensate you for your injuries in a personal injury claim. The amount of damages you receive depends on the extent of your injuries and the loss and expense you have incurred because of your injuries. In calculating your damages the following elements are taken into account:
- Pain & suffering and loss of amenities;
- Past and future loss of income;
- Care costs;
- Past and future medical & rehabilitation expenses;
- Out of pocket expenses (ie. Treatment expenses and pharmaceutical expenses etc. you have reasonably incurred because of your injuries);
- Loss of superannuation entitlements.
If you would like to know more about the legal services we offer submit your personal injury claim and we will send you an Initial Claim Pack. Each pack contains useful information about making a personal injury claim and details the steps you must take to protect and pursue your personal injury claim.